Monday, February 20, 2006

Argument

I happened upon an interesting argument on the name "Africa" on Sudan.net. What struck me most was the spirit of the argument. There was an appreciated cache of information exchanged but what concerned me was the egocentricity of the debate. It would seem that neither one of the principles was interested in the truth, only in being right. For one to concede to the other, I would imagine, would only benefit the ego of the individual and do little to clarify the understanding of the community privy to the argument. This kind of in-fighting seems to be a patent issue inhibiting the rehabilitation/healing of a people. I've included the link to the argument above, but have also included some interesting excerpts from the discussion. May the information you find serve you well.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Search Engine Optimization and Free Submission